SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Kennatrack ca.1959 Center Spring Loaded Roller

A home owner from Fort Thomas, KY says:

I have a bi-fold door with some Kennatrack hardware. Our house was built in 1959, so the hardware dates from this time, as well.
The Spring Roller Bracket is broken(the nylon roller has broken). I am looking for a suitable replacement part.

The Center Spring Loaded Roller bracket is as follows:

"KENNATRACK ELKHART, IND U.S.A.", is embossed on the metal bracket, but no identifying humber is embossed on this piece.

Metal bracket with flange and spring-loaded roller. Mounts with (4) screws.

Baseplate is 1 3/16" tall. (2) center screw holes are 5/8" apart vertically (on center). (2) Side mounting adjustable slots are 1 1/8" apart horizontally (on center).

Nylon roller is 9/16" diameter at top; 3/8" at bottom. Roller is 3/8" high.

Assembled height of roller/spring-loaded pin is 1/2". (Cross-section of the roller as mounted resembles a "T") Flange upon which roller/pin assembly is mounted is 3/4" from baseplate to edge of flange(center of pin in the mounted roller/pin assembly is 1/2" from baseplate).

The metal track is a single-channel type, 3/4" wide overall on the outside, with a 7/16" opening at the bottom of the channel. The track is 1/2" high overall.
User submitted photos of a bi-fold door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm afraid we were unable to find a replacement for this roller after extensive research. You may want to consider replacing the whole track system with one of our bi-fold wood door track kits. Check out our 23-504, 23-505, 23-506, and 23-507 and see if you could use any of these as a possible replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)