Kerf stripping for Wide Door Gap

A handy person from New Hampshire says:
I replaced the original kerf weather stripping on two Thermatrue entry doors using a product purchased from Home Depot that appears to be the same, at least visually, to your swinging door compression foam seal. Worked great on first door. Air (and light!) streaming through second door. Stripping rated to fill gaps up to 11/16". My gap is obviously wider. Do you sell wider/thicker kerf stripping? Any ideas/recommendations? Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
We had a customer with the same problem. He had a steel door and instead of replacing the compression foam seal, he used the 58-008 magnetic weatherstripping.
A home owner from Colorado says:
Same problem,but I have fiberglass doors. So I can't use magnetic. Do you have any ideas/recommendations? Thanks, Gary
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You should try using the #58-056 weather stripping. We actually went to an industry conference not too long ago and their tests actually show that the foam weather-seal gives you a better "R" value (thermal resistance level) for insulating. Steel door manufactures are actually considering changing over to the foam seal because it met "Energy Star" regulations with the U.S. government. Better insullating with the foam then having small pieces of rusty metal getting stuck to the magnetic seal.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
58-008 : Prime Door Seal Set
58-008
Price: $24.98
Prime Door Seal Set
58-056 : Swinging Door Compression Foam Seal
58-056
Price: $6.55
Swinging Door Compression Foam Seal
How to identify replacement weatherstripping.
Video
How to identify replacement weatherstrip...