Key tumbler thumb turn

A quick learner says:
I thumb turn lock 40-089. I tried to install it in my door and the lock does not fit. The one sent is rounded on the top and bottom. The one needed is flat on the top and bottom. I did get the lock into the opening but it operates very stiffly and I am afraid I will break off the key. Is there a better fitting lock. The one I replaced is a PADO with double key or cylinder . The one I replaced was working, I just lost all my keys and am replacing all of my locks.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Could I see a few pictures of the original key cylinder? I'd also like to see the original handle set. That will help us find a good replacement. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
I am attaching 4 photos. Hope this helps.
Charlie
User submitted photos of security door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional images. Please look at our 40-049 and see if you think this would be a good match.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.