SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Keyway 82-063 adore and strike plate

A handy person from Incline Viilage NV says:
Ador/hilite Keyway 82-063 adore and strike plate

Two questions
1) what type of keyway is cylinder? Hoping a Schlage. If not will a standard cyclinder replacement fit? Would like to match my other locks which are all common keyed on a 5 pin Schlage.

2) does anyone make a retrofit strike plate for this lock? I know it is meant to go into jamb but the aluminum jamb has been all cut up/torn so the door does not lock. Hoping someone makes a strike plate so I don't have to craft something.

Eventually these doors will be replaced but grateful your site and inventory helped me identify these doors and might buy me some time before replacing.

Thanks
A handy person from Incline Viilage NV says:
Oops for the lock key set question I meant the 82-320 locking handle that goes with the 82-063
Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, the 82-320 locking handle takes a Kwikset #KW1 key way, not the Schlage. I'm also not sure what strike plate it is you have. Could you send us some photos of what you have now for us to look at?
A professional from California says:
82-063 locks to the jamb. There is nowhere to add a strike. Move the lock up or down 1/2". You will have to redrill all of the holes. Let us know how the 82-320 works out. It is closer to the jamb than the original pull and the original was angled slightly away from the jamb. Schlage usually uses a larger key which would be an even bigger conflict with the jamb. You could use it, but you would probably need to cut or grind away part of the handle portion of the key.
A handy person from Incline Village says:
Thanks. See picture of door jamb which with ador Hilite is where lock pins are suppose to go.

The Sears flush mount handle and lock looks like same 3 7/8 holes so maybe my best bet is to try it and cut the jamb a little to mount the Sears strike plate? I've got metal cutting tools/grinder etc. Either that or I have to cut and attach metal to jamb and try to duplicate ador holes which don't look like good design in the first place.

Thoughts? Or maybe its just time to replace the door sooner than I'd like... Or live with it, there's a lock pin inside so its secure.

Thanks
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It's possible this is a surface mounted lock. One thing to consider is our 82-005 along with the 82-306. The hardest part will be to mount the keeper into the door jamb, but it's worth considering. Our friend from California said it might be possible to re-drill and mount the original lock set above or below the damaged portion of the jamb, and I definitely think that's another great option.
A professional from California says:
Is your slider on the outside? This is normally an inside slider. I have seen it used as an outside, but it is not ideal.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)