SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Kinco tilt windows from Jacksonville, FL

A quick learner from Jacksonville FL says:
I am needing to replace parts on my windows. I so love your videos. They truly helped me recognize what I need and that I can manage the repairs. Although I might wait until it warms up to tear the windows apart.

I also have one window that I need a channel balance. I have to disect the window before I can figure out which kind or take a photo, unless you can identify it based on the parts I sent you.

Thank you.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
That's awesome, I'm glad our videos helped! Hopefully I can, as well.

Now, it's hard to get a good look at what you have, but that balance shoe looks like our 15-105, which is used with a specially made balance system. We would have to custom make it, since it is not standard.

We will need to see the balance removed from the window before we can get started. We will also need to know the length of the metal channel and whatever stamp is printed on it. You may want to wait for warmer weather, though; the cold snap is killing us up here.

Are you also looking to replace that tilt latch in your first picture? If so, please tell me the distance between the installation holes, center-to-center. That will help us find a good match.
A quick learner from Jacksonville FL says:
I was able to take some additional photos and measurements.

The metal channel is stamped with G2340 and is 24 inches long.

The balance shoe is 1/2 thick x 1-1/4 in height.

I can't seem to get the shoe's out.

Hope this helps me find the right parts.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! I believe that pivot shoe is, indeed, our 15-105. As for the tilt bars, I recommend our 26-108 and 26-109. Finally, your balance appears to be an older type that will need to be specially made. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
A quick learner from Jacksonville Beach, FL says:
I'm not certain if I need to replace any channel balances. If the string is still there and the hook is intact, should I just order the smaller parts and test, before I worry about the channel balance?

I'd rather order a few of the other parts and test. I have 19 windows I may want to redo all the broken parts before I'm done.

What's your suggestion?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, if your balances are find you can just replace the smaller parts. If you find that the windows are still struggling to operate, though, then it may be something to consider.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)