SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Kinco window with stuck channel balance

A home owner from Jacksonville FL says:
I closed my Kinco window and the sash guide broke allowing the channel balance to extend to near the top of the window. I cannot open the window or push down the channel balance. The window is a Kinco H-LC25/35 -52x96. The channel guide is labeled 29 4 AX CMC. From other discussions I would need top sash guide either 18-048 or 18-166. My question is which channel balance to order and how do you push down channel balance.
Thank you
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Sounds like you have a 30" block & tackle balance with a stamp option of 2940. I'm afraid that's all I can tell based on your information, though. Now you just need to pick out the top and bottom fittings in order to determine the Series.

I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.

As for how to push the channel balance down, watch the video below to see how we do it. Hopefully that helps.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)