SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Kinro pivot bar is rusted out

A home owner from Dothan, AL says:
Can you help? I have Kinro windows. This is the pivot bar. Some of the bar is rusted/missing. I have removed the rusted part from the cam shoe(s). I don't know the original length of the bar. It is shaped like your 26-083 but the measurements don't match.

This one screw is the screw that holds the pivot bar and the sash frame corner together. It looks to 3/16 tall, 1/4 wide, length?, hole ctr-ctr 13/16 or 7/8.

I also need one spiral rod. It is a tilt window, 3/8 diameter, 29" long with a red bushing.

I need one shoe. They look like your 15-134.

Let me know if I need to provide you with more info.

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Your spiral balance sounds like our S900-29. Does that look good? As for the pivot bar, I can't really be sure without seeing an undamaged version. How does the other pivot bar in the window look? Do you maybe have an identical window in the house that would have the same hardware?
A home owner from Dothan, AL says:
The pivot bar from my Kinro windows...1996 mobile home.
Length 2"
Width 1/4"
Height 3/16"
Hole nearest to shoe a/b 3/4'" from end
Second hole a/b 1 1/2" from end.
Thanks for your help.
User submitted photo of their rusted Kinro pivot bar
Profile picture of Tom
Great. Thank you for the specific details. How about our 26-386? This appears pretty close to your own dimensions. Let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Dothan, Al says:
The physical size of the pivot bar is correct. The "working" hole on the my bar is a/b 3/4 inches from
the end instead of the 7/16 inches. I don't know if this 7/16 inch hole would give me enough pivot bar in the shoe. What do you think?
Profile picture of Tom
I'm not sure I understand the question. Our 26-386 only has one hole, and it is 1-9/16" away from the tip. This is very close to your measurement of 1-1/2". Are you referring to a different pivot bar?
A quick learner from Dothan, Al says:
Same pivot bar that is pictured. The hole that my screw goes in to mount the pin to the window sash is at the 1 1/4 inch mark. That leaves 3/4 inch to go into the shoe. The 26-386 hole is 1 9/16 inch from one end and therefore 7/16 inch from the other end. Maybe this helps.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
How about our 26-297? Could you use this?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)