SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Kitchen Cabinet Drawer Roller Wheels

A handy person from Oregon says:
I have 30 year old kitchen drawers. Some drawer roller wheels have worn out. I would like to replace just the wheels.

Wheels on front and back of drawer rails are mounted on a post riveted to the rails. If I can find original style roller wheels and the wheel's "axle/post" hole can somehow slip over the keeper lip on the riveted post that would be ideal. If that is not possible and I can find the correct size wheels (o.d.), I will drill out the riveted posts and install threaded posts with nut secure or unthreaded posts with post's inside dia. threaded for screw secure.

Original riveted posts are 3/16 outside dia., but their diameter is only relevant if I can find wheels that can slip over the original post's keeper lip. Both front and back roller wheels are 1/4 inch wide. The front roller wheel is a strong 5/8 inch outside dia. (literally 21/32 o.d.) In cabinet roller wheels I'm not sure if that translates to o.d. of 5/8", 21/32" or 11/16". The back roller wheel's outside dia. is 1/2 inch.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We have been unable to find an exact replacement for your wheels or tracks. You could browse through our selection of drawer accessories to see if we carry a wheel that could work for you, or maybe even our lavatory section to see if a shower door wheel could work. Alternatively, you could consider our 32-063.
A quick learner from Oregon says:
Hi Dave,
Thank you for your suggestions.

I did look in the lavatory section and I found that Product (code) 10-131, the Sliding Sectional Shower Door Guide Roller, has a wheel that looks like it would work for the smaller wheels I need (I need two wheels, 1/2" OD with 1/4" width). The product's specs photo/diagram indicates it has a 1/2" OD and it indicates the wheel's width is 1/8". It looks like the wheel with its offset, integral spacer would total 1/4" in width. Do you have a way to confirm that for me? If the total width of this wheel is 1/4" (wheel including offset), is there a way to purchase the wheels separately?

Thank you for any further assistance you can provide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The wheel for the 10-131 is not available by itself. I also don't know if removing it from roller is going to work. I think that would break the wheel. Look at our 87-093. This is a 1/2" wheel that is 5/32" thick. It's also made of nylon, so you can work on it. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)