SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

32-122 with larger gap?

A home owner from Panama City, FL says:
on 1/7/2013 I placed order for: 32-122 Cluthe Drawer Guide 1-3/16X5/16, 32-123 Adjustable Backplate 1 to 1 1/2", 32031 Rear Drawer Guide. All are fine however... The current worn backplates I have each have a slightly wider gap to ride on drawer rail. These all have gap that is too narrow to fit these rails. Adjustable backplate is OK but hard for me to use. Do you have any drawer guides with little larger gap?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'd be happy to look into it for you, but I need a little more information. Could you tell me the exact size of the gap you're looking for?
Thanks for your quick reply. The GAP is 1 1/2" (one and one half inches). Rear drawer guide (original) looks very similar to item #32-122. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Hmm... I couldn't find anything that big. Our 32-123 might be the best option we have. Where are you having trouble exactly?
Your 32-122 works fine and fits good, except, it will not fit on the drawer rail itself. The gap of the old drawer guide is 1 1/2" wide (one and one half inches. The drawers (cabinet system) is vintage October 1981, made by local company, not a national manufacturer. Is 32-123 adjustable my only option?
Thanks for your help
Profile picture of Tom
If you're just replacing the drawer, guide, then it may be the best option we can provide. That is a very large gap and not many sockets go that large.

Your other choice is to replace the track system entirely. This isn't as much trouble as it sounds, believe it or not. We recommend the 32-063, which is a very versatile and easy-to-install track kit that has been known to work in a great variety of drawers. You might want to consider this as a possible solution.
A handy person from orem ut says:
If the slide part in the dresser is wood I have taken them out and thinned them by sanding them down and then the adjustable slide fits better I have also had a problem with the slides not adjusting small enough and have trimmed the plastic a little so they would come closer together and it worked.

I want you to know I love these adjustable slides they have saved many dressers for me. this is my hobby and I repair a hundred dressers a year.

thanks al
Profile picture of Tom
That's great advice, Al! Thanks for contributing. I'm glad you are satisfied with our hardware.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)