SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Knife Latch

A home owner from TN says:
I see you carry Knife Latches that are 1 inch but I got some from True Value and they were too big. The slot opening and the old latch was 1-1/2 inch big. Can you help me locate that size? The windows could be more than 30 years old. I need 5 right and 5 left hand sizes. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We might have something, but I'm not sure what knife latch it is you're looking at, or what you have. Can you show us some pictures of your current knife latch fully removed from the window? Can you also specify its exact measurements? Thanks!
A quick learner from TN says:
This is the latch I bought that was actually too (I should have said small) it was the correct shape but too short. I'm waiting for my brother to send me a picture of an old one.
User submitted a photo of a knife latch.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the largest latch we have is the 70-174, but it's still not the 1-1/2" you need. I have check with multiple sources but could not come up with a 1-1/2" clip. Check you sizes and see if you can send us a photo of the original clip, along with dimensions. Maybe that will help us identify the part needed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)