SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Knife latches in the wrong place

A quick learner from San Francisco says:
Hi,

I need pointers on the the best way to move knife letches. My sister had custom screens made and when they came the latches were in the wrong spots even though we triple checked our measurements per the instructions on the web site. She called them the next day and the day after they informed her they were going out of business. I'm not surprised if that's how they make things. Anyway, obviously she won't be getting any help from them so I was hoping you could give me some pointers on fixing them. I'm pretty handy.

Thank you so much.
Elisa
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Elisa. Sorry to hear you're having such trouble. Removing the latches might damage the screen frame, so it might be best to just leave those in and install new ones. See the video below for instructions on how you can install new knife latches in a screen.

If these screens are for a wood window, there is a different and, in my opinion, easier solution. See our 70-204 for the bottom of the screen and our 70-056 hangers for the top.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)