SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

L-5642. Better Bilt screen retainers

A home owner from Sierra Vista, Arizona says:
Hi Paul,
I've got 20 yo Better Bilt windows in my home. The window screen retainer is the L-5642. Where can I purchase about 50 of these vinyl plastic clips? If they have been discontinued what would be a good replacement to hold the 5/16" screen frames in place? Thank you for looking into this problem. Rene
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. If it's possible, could you show us a couple pictures of the part in question? I believe it might be discontinued, but I just want to be sure. Once we see what you have we can try our best to find a replacement.
A home owner from SIERRA VISTA, ARIZONA says:
Hi Dave,
This is an image of the L-5642 window screen retainer for the "old style" Better Bilt aluminum windows. The hand sketch off to the side shows that the width of the retainer that goes down into the channel is 5/8".

--Rene
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I'm afraid we're still having trouble finding this. I suspect it is discontinued, but we may be able to find a substitute. What exactly does this clip do? Does it clip onto the screen and make it fit snug into the channel? Could we see a photo or two on how it relates to the screen and window?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)