LR Crank Mechanism

A quick learner from San Diego, CA says:
I need help with replacing a Kolbe & Kolbe window crank assembly. The gears are not engaging and the interior components keep coming unscrewed when trying to open or close the window.I just need the internal working mechanism as the arm and handle are fine.

Thank you.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you need a new operator. Once that worn gear comes out, there's no repairing it. We can help, but I would like a clearer picture of the complete operator. I can somewhat see it in your second picture, but I'm not sure what it is.
A quick learner from San Diego, CA says:
Tom:
I have attached additional photos of this window hopefully capturing the operator. The arm is approximately 8" - 9" long as it connects with the mechanism.

I have also added a couple of pictures of the "spring pins" that hold the screens in place. Not sure if you have these as well.

Thanks for all your help.
Ken
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's still a little tricky to make out, but I think you have something like our 39-031 and 39-032. Carefully go over our pictures and dimensions to confirm. For the screen pins, I would recommend either our 70-009 or 70-008, depending on your size.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.