SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Larson Hinge

A home owner from Gettysburg,Oh says:
is the SD hinge, the hinge used in the Larson Z Bar assemblies?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 40-153 hinge is used for "Z-bar" type storm doors, but some are different depending on the type and age of the storm door. If possible, we would like to see some photos of the current hinge on your storm door, along with dimensions. That would be the best way to help us identify what you have and determine if the 40-153 will match up.
A quick learner from Gettysburg,Ohio says:
Attached pics are of the hinge that is used on the Larson Z Bar assy that I have on my doors. The hinge in the pic is one of 4 that I had received from Larson 15 years ago and is the last one I have left, but I need 3 to fix door or buy a whole new z bar assy. Larson has told me they do not sell the hinge seperatly. I believe I got the ones that I have from speaking with someone at Larson years ago that they went and pulled them from the assy line where they make up the assy. they were mailed to me at no charge then. it is 3" long x 1-3/4" wide. the 2 hole side is 1-15/16" on center, 1/4" on center from edge, the 4 hole side which is the side that is riveted in to the z bar assy is 13/16" on center maybe 27/32" and 7/16" in from edge to center. hinge pin is 1/4" dia. x 3-1/2" in length. Thanks, Doug.
User submitted photos of a hinge.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience. We don't have anything that can replace this now, but we have found a possible match for this hinge and will let you know as soon as it becomes available.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Please see new SWISCO part number 40-180, Larson Woodcore Hinge. Compare the measurements to see if this can work as a replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)