SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Larson Storm Door Retainer Clips

A handy person from Midlothian, VA says:
I am looking for retainer clips for a Larson Storm Door. The clips hold the interchangeable glass and screen inserts. A replacement part from Larson (y shaped) didn't work.

Door Serial Number 14954031 111061106
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I've seen this clip before. Unfortunately, we've never been able to find a good match. Could you confirm your dimensions? I can't tell based on the part held next to a ruler. I will need you to tell me the size of the bottom leg and the overall width. If possible, I'd also like to see a picture of this installed on the door so we can see exactly how it functions. Thanks!
A handy person from Midlothian, Va says:
The barbed piece is 5/16 inches long. Overall width is 1.25 inches.

Thanks for looking into this. I am having trouble keeping the door together.
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Our 70-223 is similar. This clip pushes down like the one you show in your photos. However, the dimensions are a little different and the push in leg is around 1/8" wide. Take a look and compare it with your clip. Another solution would be to install a flush clip like the 70-053 with a screw like the 33-090 or 33-022.
A handy person from Midlothian, Va says:
Follow up. I did order and try the 70-223 clip but the barb was just too small to hold it in place. I ultimately used the flush clip with the screw to hold the screen in place. Took about a half an hour to line up and drill the holes but overall pretty simple. Thank you for your assistance.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You're welcome glad everything worked out for you!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)