SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Larson Storm door

A quick learner from South Carolina says:
I have very little info on the door , just bought the house. It appears your 40-177 lock set will fit. Any prior experience with that? Mine is a 2 piece set, saw a similar set PN 20278307
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid without more information, I can't say for sure if our 40-177 will work. If you want, you can take a few pictures of your existing handle set and upload them here for us to see. We will be better able to judge then.
A quick learner from SC says:
Pics attached
User submitted photos of storm door handles.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the images, that's a big help. I think I would also use the 40-177, but you may also need some of our 40-179 shims.
A home owner from MIchigan says:
Hello there,

I bought a house and have the same lock set in this post

I am trying to get a golden look (polished brass) to the set you recommended in this post but only found it comes in white or black, would 40-058 work or I have to buy 40-177 set?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! The 40-058 is the same as the 40-177. The only difference is the available colors.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)