SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Larson storm door expander?

A home owner from MN says:
I have recently moved into a home which has a Larson storm door. When I put the number into the Larson site I get the model number to be 646-60 (year? 2005). I have a large gap at the bottom up to 7/8". There is no sweep at the bottom and I do not see a groove at the bottom for a sweep to be slid into. I am not sure there is an "expander" on this door. It the expander part of the door or is it something that had to be added on (at part?) . Can I purchase an expander so I can put a sweep on this door. The thickness of the door appears to be 1 7/8 " . It is not flush along the bottom as the there is a front "lip" which extends down about 1/4". Please help! thanks so much.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm actually not sure if a Larson bottom expander is available. Take a look at our 40-003 door sweep and see if this will work to close up the gap at the door bottom.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)