Larson storm door handle

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
We have an 18-year old Larson storm door (reg. # 024132U231970904). The doorknob has never worked really well, but it gets worse and worse. We have to keep turning the doorknob back and forth (clockwise then counterclockwise). Finally it will open. The inside latch works fine, except the action gets more and more loose. I think I have found the inside latch on your website (part # 40-145). All of its dimensions are correct. Do you think we need to replace the doorknob and the inside latch. If so, what part would you suggest for the doorknob? I don
User submitted photos of a storm door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You have a pretty unique outside door handle and I'm not sure if it's available any longer. Door manufacturers seem to be switching over to lever type handles instead of knobs these days. You could consider our 40-145 to see if that clears up the problem, but if the outside handle is worn you could look over either the 40-058 or the 40-131. The 40-058 comes with a keyed deadbolt, but you might have to drill some more holes in the door for it to fit. The 40-131 might be a good fit, but it has no key to unlock door from the outside of the house.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.