Larson storm door latch plate

A home owner from Upstate NY says:
Larson door 34682031.122080917
Hello! Trying to find correct sized latch plate for my door. I've been looking at your recommendation to others who have Larson doors which looks very similar to mine, but they seem to be too big. As you can see in the pictures my latch plate is only 6.5 inches long and the screw holes for installation on the side of the door is 6 inches. Do you have something this size? Thanks so much for your help!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We do carry the Larsen keeper. It's our 40-197, but it's 7-7/8" long, so I'm not sure if you could use it as it is a different size. See if you could drill new mounting holes and adapt it to your storm door. As well, you could send us some photos of the locking handle, which might help us identify the hardware.

A home owner from Upstate NY says:
Thank you for your reply! I'm starting to think the previous owners were probably using the wrong plate. I've attached some pictures of the locking handle and the latches, the latches are 7 3/4 inches as you can see in the first image so maybe 40-197 is the correct strike plate for my door?
Storm door handle
It is possible! I'm afraid I haven't been able to find a closer match. I can't guarantee it will work, but our 40-197 looks to be the closest thing we have.
A home owner from New York says:
I ordered the 40-197 and it works great! I'm very pleased, it's the first time the door has actually latched since we bought the house! Thank you very much for your help, I'm so glad I stumbled upon your website through a Google search!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Awesome! Thank you very much for confirming for us, I'm certain this will help other customers in the future. Thank you for your business, as well. If you ever need anything else, you know where to find us.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.