Larson strike plate--not 40-197

A home owner from Georgia says:
The 40-197 is TOO BIG! One of my Larson Storm Door serial numbers is 34904031.411120914. When I enter serial # into input field on Larson website, get nothing. I have looked everywhere to no avail about these strike plates and we have just purchased and installed doors within last 3 years. Any help you can provide will be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you show me a picture of your existing strike plate? Can you also give me your measurements? You can use the 40-197 as reference. That will help us find a better match for you.
A quick learner says:
Please see photo as requested. Also, the measurements are as follows:

7" from top to bottom

3/4" in width

top screw holes 9/16"

door latch holes 1 9/16"

Hope this information helps you find what I'm looking for and I truly appreciate you assisting me! I am noticing I am not the only one out there with this very problem. These are replacement doors from about 2-3 years ago as I mentioned, and they are no where near the quality as the last! Much more expensive to boot!!

Kind Regards...
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience in this matter. At this time the 40-197 is the only strike plate we carry in this style. It seems the only issue is that our hole spacing has 1/4" difference. Could you redrill one of the holes?
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.