SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Latch for storm window.

A home owner from USA says:
I've bought a couple of different part numbers from you, but none of them fits my storm window. I have old storm windows with President latches. Attached is a picture. The dimensions are:

13/16 inch wide
3 1/8 inch fully extended
the thickness of the part that latches into the frame is 1/4 inch and it is flat

I don't see anything on your web site that looks like it will work and was hoping you have an idea.
Thank you.
User submitted a photo of a corner latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your continued patience in this matter, Lissa. I'm afraid we have not been able to find an exact match for this latch. See our 91-177, however. This may be our closest possible match. You may have to file down the tip in order to get it to lock in the frame, but we cannot find anything closer. These also do not come with springs, so see our 26-016.
A home owner says:
Thanks. I think that one did work with the tip filed down, but it wasn't a perfect fit. I actually ordered 91-031, and that was an exact fit. I'm wondering if it needs a spring. It works without one, but you have to push it in manually to latch it. Thanks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)