SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

I need replacement for this latch, 8590

A quick learner says:

I need four of these. Do you stock this? The other part that goes to this window is your part no. 15- 087. Length of latch end to end is maybe 2-1/2

User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. It's hard to say what you have without seeing an undamaged sample, but take a look at our 26-393. Could this be something you could use? Let me know what you think.
A landlord says:
Last week I purchased 26-299 ad 26-298 after sending pictures, not realizing that part of the side was broken off. After trying it today, they tell me it is about an 1/2 inch too long. Do you think the closest match to this product is 26-393. The 26-299 is 2-5/8 in length. Please let me know. Everything else seems to be 2-5/8 or longer.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Melissa, thanks for getting back to us. It looks like Paul suggested our 26-393 before, and I think he may be on the right track. Now, I can't say for sure without seeing an undamaged version of your own tilt latch, but you should carefully compare all the dimensions we list for the 26-393 and compare each one to an undamaged version of your latch to make sure they are a good match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)