Latch receiver doesn't stay in place.

A quick learner from Princeton Jct says:
I've got a reasonably new Andersen sliding patio door - about 3 years old. The door is in good shape except the latch receiver no longer stays in place - it slides down about 1/2 inch so that it does not align w. the latch. What do I need to do to fix it/replace it. I currently am holding it in place by a piece of tape - and that works fine.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for contacting us in regards to your latch receiver.

Before I can offer a suggestion on how to fix your current latch or recommend a replacement latch, I will need to see a photo of your original latch hardware. Please submit photos of your current latch with dimensions. Please be sure to include any markings you may find on the latch or on the door itself.
A quick learner from Princeton Jct says:
The latch receiver is 5.5 inches long. Pictures attached of both components.

Thanks,
Mike
User submitted sliding door latch.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Mike,
I believe I may have found the needed replacement hardware.
Is this for a four panel patio door set?
A quick learner from Princeton Jct, NJ says:
Thanks Donna,

And, yes, this is a four panel sliding glass door. the two middle sections slide.

thanks again,

Mike
Profile picture of Casey
OK Great. I am going to bring in the replacement that I think you need and will add online for you to review. I will post again as soon as it is available.
Profile picture of Casey
Hello Mike,
The Andersen replacement reachout lock and receiver set is now available, see SWISCO product code 82-242, Andersen 4-Panel Reachout Assembly
A quick learner from Princton Jct says:
thanks Donna - will buy this weekend
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.