SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Latch and Top Tilt for old stomr window

A home owner from Cahrlottesville, VA 22901 says:
Enclosed pictures for Latch and Top Tilt. Please help identifying replacements. Also, please provide instructions for the removal and re-installation.
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
How thick is your frame? If it's 3/8" thick, then you might be able to use our 95-003 corner, as well as our 91-001 and 91-002 latches and 91-003 spring. Check it out and let me know what you think.
A home owner from Charlottesville, VA says:
Thanks for the quick reply. the window is 3/8" thick. However, I am concerned that the parts to be replaced are made of nylon whereas the replacements are metal.

Also, how do I removed the broken Top Tilts?

Thanks

Gaby
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! If you'd like, we can look into the appropriate nylon hardware. We will have to see that corner pivot removed from the frame, though. Take a look at the video below to see how you can remove them!
Enclosed new images of the latch (broken, missing the finger that slides into the grove)and the top tilt (also broken - missing the bead). Also enclosed image of the spline and of an edge view of the top tilt.

Please help me identify their replacement part numbers.

Thanks
User submitted image of corner latch and top tilt latch for window.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! That's a huge help. Please bear with us as we continue to research this hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, thank you for your patience. We are currently working on replacement hardware for your application and will let you know as soon as we have them online and available for you to view!
Thanks

Gaby
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for waiting. Please see our new 95-238 and 91-178 and see if these could possibly work for you as replacements.
Thanks. These seem to be the correct parts. Does 91-178 come with spring or I need to order it separately. If so, is it 91-003?

Also, do you have the corner pieces?
Profile picture of Tom
Sure! The corner is our 95-238. As for the spring, I believe you can use the 91-003 with our 91-178.
Thanks. But 95-238 is a top tilt. I also need corner keys. Do I just shave off the pin of the top-tilt?
Profile picture of Tom
I think we have a better solution. We happen to have another part coming in that matches the top tilt. I'll let you know when they are online.
A quick learner from Charlottesville says:
Thanks.

A home owner from C harlottesville says:
I received the latches. Unfortunately their width is 3/8" whereas the width of the old latches (and of course the slot in which they slide) is 1/2". Other than that all dimensions are fine. Do you have any idea how I can still use them in my windows? is there any insert I could use?
Profile picture of Tom
We are still looking into a thinner latch, but I wanted to let you know that we have just added our new 95-239 press fit corner online.
A quick learner from Charlottesville says:
Thanks. Just to be sure, I need a wider )1/2" vs. 3/8"0 latch.

Thanks again
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Okay, I think we may have found something better. It is just as wide as your own latch and looks very similar. As before, I'll let you know as soon as it is online and available to view.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you once again for your patience. Please see our new 91-079. I think this is a much better match. See if you agree.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)