SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Latches on old outer door don't seem to want to lock or keep the glass up anymore

A quick learner from California says:
I watched your very very good video about replacing the hardware on my window or storm door / glass..
Can you tell me what parts I would need to replace this and hopefully my windows will lock in place again?

Can I buy them from you too please
Thank You Very Much
User submitted a photo of a screen latch.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience in this matter, Mo. I'm having trouble finding this latch, but looking at your pictures I'm not even sure that's the problem. It looks like your corner is open and some glue was used to hold the frame together. You might need to repair that corner key in the frame so that the latch can line up better in the window. Also, look at our videos on the right side of this page. These may help.
A quick learner from California says:
HI Dave,

Are you saying that none of the latches AMD springs that are on your storm door / window page will work ?????

I can get the glass out of the frame but I need new latches and springs please
Please do respond
Thank You Dave,
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I didn't say nothing we have can work, I just said that I'm not sure your latches are the problem. Take another look over my answer and see what you think. If you do need new latches, we will need more information in order to recommend a match. Specifically, I need you to tell me the full height of your latch, including the part that's in the frame. I will also need the height of the exposed body and the height of the tip. Finally, we will need the width of the body and the tip that locks the sash in place. You can also browse through our selection of latches to get an idea of what dimensions we need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)