SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Lavatory hardware

A handy person from TOMS RIVER says:
I am a custodian at an elementry school in Toms River New Jersey and I was wondering if somebody at Swisco would be available to answer some questions for me. The lavatorys at our school are basically falling a part and i would like to have some questions answered about parts that I might be ordering.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We would be happy to research this for you if you cannot identify the needed hardware on our site. Please send us detailed photos with measurements for us to research.
Hi Mike thank you for you're speedy and good response. I don't like to use email because it takes too long to check sometimes and usually i can not access it using the school's internet because they block American Online. Can I use this page and site to ask you more questions about the lavatory peices we will probably be ordering? I have an small expence account with the school so I will be able to order directly from you without going through hoops for money to spend like usual
Profile picture of Mike
Yes, you can absolutely use the discussion board to ask us any questions you may have. Just be sure to reference the part numbers you're inquiring about.
THANKS Mike for your replys. The main thing I am wondering about is the toilet partition hardware because the kids at the school brake the doors alot by kicking them I think? I want to stock up on latchs because that is what we use the most of, when they kick the doors they frequently just brake the latches because I think the one's my school buys are cheap pieces of "YOU KNOW WHAT!!!" 10-401 looks very sturdy, durable, heavy, tough, and strong. Do you think it could withstand some kicks or some pushing from the students? I will probably buy many just in case but i want to ask you this now before I add other items to my general order. THANKS AGAIN SWISCO
Profile picture of Mike
The Swisco 10-401 Latch Kit is a very durable piece of hardware. However, you will want to make certain this will work as a replacement for your application(s).
MIKE THANKS. Sorry about not responding in awhile but the school had Columbuss day off and i got side tracked with lots of varryous duties at the school so I did not have alot of time to make a responce. My question is: why do you think I would have to make sure that this piece of hardware fits because it looks like it would just fit on any door or am I incorrect?
Profile picture of Mike
I am just suggesting you confirm the dimensions of your latch are similar to the Swisco 10-401 before you place an order.
HI there Mike it's me again sorry about not replying in a long time are you still there to answer a couple more questions? I will defiantaly be buying some lavatory latch kits but got a couple more questions for you. Thanks!!!!!!
Profile picture of Mike
Absolutely. Please post any other questions you may have here on the discussion board.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)