SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Lavatory hardware question

A handy person from Kittery Maine says:
I've attached 3 photos to show what we have for doors. If you have a product that will fit I'd love to order 3. The 10-559 did not work, the return I sent in will arrive on Monday.
Cheers,
Sarah
User submitted photos of lavatory hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Sarah. Can you specify how the 10-559 failed? Do you also have the original knob assembly that went on this door? Seeing that would help. In the meantime, could our 10-558 work? This is a straight bolt, not an off-set type like the 10-559.
A quick learner says:
I do not have an original knob for the door but it is the same design as your 10-559. The bolt was the issue with that part as it was not long enough to reach the almost 3 inches to make it through the door to latch (see 3rd picture). I don't know that the straight vs bent makes much difference as much as the overall length was too short.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Looking at the measurements in your pictures, it looks like a fairly standard back set and hole diameter. The length should have been enough. Either way, we haven't been able to find these latches with a longer length rod. The only thing I can think of is that the offset prevented it from reaching the hole.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)