SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Leaded French window bottom seals

A quick learner from USA says:
Swisco,I have In-Swing Casement( French ) Window built in the 20s and need to replace the seals on the bottom the customer does not want you replace the windows because they are Leaded and family connection, so my only option would be to replace those seals. How can you help me with this customer? Windows are 24" wide, range from 24" to 58" tall, and there are 20 of them. All the wood is solid.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may be able to help you replace the seals, sure. I just don't know what you have. I would have to see pictures of the weatherseal itself, specifically of its cross-section so that I can see its shape. Detailed dimensions are also necessary.

In the meantime, you can check out our complete selection of weatherstripping and see if anything there is a match. If not, I will need to see those pictures.
A quick learner from Flint, Michigan says:
some are flat other are like in photo.
User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Looking at your photos, it looks like you have a leaf type weather stripping on the sash itself. See our 55-106, 55-169, and our 55-183 and see if any of these are a match.

I have wood casement sashes in my home and I have also used a foam type weather strip like our 58-163 and 58-170. These may be worth a look, as well.

Finally, looking at that wood stop on the sill, see our 58-053 and 58-055 and see if these could work on your window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)