Leaf Spring for Window Screen

A home owner from Chicago, IL says:
Hi...I'm having a problem with one of my window screens. The problem is that I think that my building has sellted, and now Im having a problem keeping one of my window screens secure. I don't know the manufacturer of my windows or screens, as Im not the original owner. The problem is that there is a gap at the top where the screen slides in the track. The screen has a leaf spring like #70-011 that you sell. the screen fits nice and snug at the bottom, but the top is not. I have lost 2 screens on a windy day!!! I was hoping to find a leaf spring that is a bit longer than 3 1/8 inch that you sell. Is there such a thing, or is there another option.....Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It sounds to me like the screens are cut too short. With the springs attached to screen, it should all be completely snugged in the frame without a gap. If you want, you can take a look at our 70-030 corner springs and see if they help. You won't have to drill new holes for them.
A quick learner from Sioux Falls ,South Dakota says:
Your number70-011 looks like it would work if only it was a little longer . My spread on the screen is 4 inches have you got one that would work
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
How about our 70-194? This spring will stretch to 4".
SWISCO Screen Corner Spring [1080p]
SWISCO Screen Corner Spring [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.