Left Hand Recessed Door Offset Pivot Set, 79-123 too short.

A quick learner from Indianapolis, IN says:
We purchased the Left Hand Recessed Door Offset Pivot Set, 79-123. We've noticed that whenever it gets cold out the door falls out of the top bracket. It seems that the 79-123 is just a bit shorter than the original hardware and does not have a set screw to tighten it up like your 79-128. Is there a related part we can buy that is a little longer at the pivot point that might solve our problem?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have installed the 79-123 commercial door pivots many times in the past. Once installed and adjusted, I have never had this problem. I'm not sure why you're having this issue. A few things come to mind: first, make sure the top spring loaded door pivot pin is completely extended at the top, so that it goes into the top pivot in the frame header. At the bottom pivot you have two adjustments, one is the hex bolt pivot in the bottom threshold pivot, and the other is the bottom door pivot. It has a cover screw that, when it is removed, will expose the allen wrench adjustment screw. Turning the screw will help raise or lower the door. My last thought is that you should make sure the 79-123 is identical to the original pivot. If there is even a subtle difference, it could be incompatible with your door.
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.