SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Legacy key handle set 3 15/16 Product code 82-073

A landlord from Commerce Twp. MI says:
I have two questions:

1. The description claims that this part is for a door of 1 3/8 thickness. When I measure the thickness of my sliding door, I measure 1 7/16 - 1 1/2 depending on how I measure. Will this part fit the thickness of my door or is there another set that I should be looking at?

2. Is this a complete lock and handle set? The only thing I have is a door with holes where the old lock has been removed. I also do not have a latch for the lock to attach to on the side wall of the sliding door.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If you don't have any of your original hardware, I don't think you'd be able to adapt our 82-073 to work with your 1-1/2" thick door. You may want to consider our 82-035, which can work for doors that measure up to 1-5/8" thick.

These handle sets do not come with keepers or mortise locks. I would be happy to help you identify replacements, but I'm going to need you to take pictures of the hole where the mortise lock installs. I will also need to know the installation holes, center-to-center.
Center to center is exactly 3 15/16 so that is in my favor. I'm looking for an inexpensive way to replace a lock being that this is a rental property. The door is white but matching color is not really important. Simple installation would also be a plus for me.
I can take pictures with my phone? Where do I send them?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You can upload your images directly to this thread. As for the installation holes, I meant specifically that I will need them for the mortise lock.
Holes on the side are 4 5/8" center to center for the mortise lock
User submitted a photo of their patio glass door.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional information! I recommend that you consider our 82-226. Could you get this to work in that space?
A quick learner from Commerce Twp. MI says:
Thank you so much to you and Tom for your help. I did the measurements and this option will work for me. I will be out of town for awhile and I will order before I return home to avoid a package sitting on my porch unattended.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)