Leigh bifold door

A home owner from Indiana says:
My bifold doors to my bedroom closet will not close unless you lift up on it. I believe I need a new top pivot pin, but I'm not sure. The closest I found on your web site was #21-058. Is this what I need or something else to make it close properly? I don't notice any cotter pins missing, but maybe the spring is shot & I just need to replace that.
Bifold pins
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your top pivot pin looks fine, itself. Since the door hangs up when you open and close it, there could be two possible explanations. The first is that the bottom threaded pin, which resembles our 21-048, needs to be adjusted. This would raise the door to keep it from dragging. The second possibility is that the the bottom guide pin, which resembles our 21-058, needs to be replaced, or the nylon guide (21-108) is just missing. Let me know your thoughts.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.