SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Length of Series 850 balance?

A quick learner from Hillsborough, NC says:
I need new crossbow balances, but cannot determine the size and length as they are broken. From what I could gather if I put the pieces together it measures 31" and the window is roughly 45" high. Help!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Can you give me the height of the visible glass for the sash that this balance supports? That will allow us to calculate the proper length.
A quick learner from Hillsborough, NC says:
From the top of the glass (not including frame) to the bottom is 48". I also posted some other info as well yesterday. Hope this helps as I need to order soon.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! Check out our S850-32. I think this may be a good match. Let me know what you think.
A handy person from Hillsborough, NC says:
You supplied the S850-32 for the crossbow balance for the windows. Now I need the rollers for the sliding glass patio door. There is now manufacturer info but they appear to be the same manufacturer of the windows.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! Glad to hear the S850-32 worked. Unfortunately, I do not know who manufactured your windows based on the balance alone. The Series 850 was used on many different windows. In order to identify your patio door rollers, I will need to see pictures of your own rollers removed from the door. I will also need your measurements.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)