SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Length of channel balance

A handy person from Selah, WA says:
According to your photo of how to measure the length of the balance mine measures 18 3/4. So do I order an 18" or 19" or something else? Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You might have a custom balance. If you can, please send photos of the balance fittings on either end, in addition to the clip at the end of the cord. That will help us determine what you need.
A quick learner from Selah, WA says:
I don't think I would have a custom balance but maybe. The clip at the end of the cord broke off. If you measure from end to end at the edge of the metal I get 18 3/4.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, just as I thought. This balance will, indeed, have to be custom made due to the many unique components involved in its configuration. That's not a big deal, though, we see this often enough and should be able to get it for you no problem. I will need to see the metal clip at the end of the cord, though. As small as it is, it's an important factor and one of the reasons why these have to be custom made. There are a wide variety of potential clips and they all install differently. I will also need to know how many you need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)