Lever Handle Replacement

A home owner from Los Angeles, CA says:
The attached pictures are of a lever handle on a residential security door that needs to be replaced. Based on the attached pictures, can you confirm if Handle Pair, Satin Chrome, Product Code 40-184 is a suitable replacement? If not, do you have information on where I can find this part. Thank you.
User submitted photo of their broken door handle
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photos, the handle does look like our 40-184. I took one from stock to measure the dimensions of the spindle and it extends 2-1/2" from the inside handle. The diameter, or thickness, is 1/4". Check to see it that matches up to your existing handle.
A landlord from Los Angeles, CA says:
Attached is a detail view of my lever handle with measurements (two pictures). Take a look and let me know if this is a match to 40-184 or if you need additional information to make a determination. Also does the 40-184 come in other colors?

Thank you,
User submitted photos of a storm door handle.
I still can't tell for sure. You're showing us the dimensions of the handle, but the side of the handle itself doesn't determine whether the 40-184 will fit in your door. What's important is the size of the spindle.
A quick learner from Los Angeles, CA says:
Here are some additional pictures of the spindle with measurements. Let me know if this helps in making a determination on the suitability of the 40-184 for my door. Thank you.
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
I believe the 40-184 should work on your door. My only concern would be the length of the spindle. Looking at the photo, it appears that it would have be cut to fit the thickness of the door. You could also reuse the existing one.
A home owner from Los Angeles says:
thanks for posting this!!! my Himco door handle broke several years ago and I've been trying to get it fixed for the longest but no one could seem to find the right door handle for me. I will order it now!
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.