SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Lever replacement

A quick learner from NY says:
I would like to replace a broken lever and I think your 82-250 looks like a match for mine. However, the 1964 glass slider has handles that are riveted with a mortise lock. I suspect that this part will not be installable?
Do you have any repair suggestions.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure, it would depend on what you have, exactly. Could you show us a few pictures of the hardware in question? That will allow us to find a good match.
I hope these photos help

Thank You,
Mark
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I cannot see how your handle is installed based on your photos. The door handle looks like the old Arcadia patio door handle, which should be held together with screws. I am not sure why the original installers would use rivets. You may want to have a handy man come out and help with replacement.
The handles have two rivets on the outside. Thank You for your advice.
A professional from California says:
That handle usually has a metal plate covering the screws on the inside. There is a tab at the top and bottom that is bent inward to hold it on. Flatten it out and it should slide off.
Thank you to the professional from California. The metal plate slid right off exposing two screws. Now I can replace the broken handle.
Thanks,
Mark
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)