Lock Conversion

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello
My door does not contain any markings or labels, attached are a few pictures. Could someone recommend to me solutions to convert this slider into a lockable door?

Thanks
Brian
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photos, I believe you can use our 82-081 key lock handle set. However, You might need to drill a hole in the door to accept the key lock tail, in case your door doesn't have one already. Let me know what you think!
A home owner from San Diego says:
Thank you, I will try it out. Can you confirm that based on the pictures I provided, you think I only need to purchase the 82-081 and not the 82-238 as well?
A professional from CA says:
No drilling should be needed. This is a simple swap.
You may need to break off the tail. It is meant to go into the slot in the inside lever. If it is too long, it will push on the lever and bind. The simplest way is with 2 pairs of vice-grips. Bend until broken. Using a hacksaw is much harder.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid your pictures don't indicate if the mortise lock is broken or not. You would need to test it out to confirm it's still working.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.