SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Lock fell down inside patio door frame

A quick learner from Altadena, CA says:
Hello there. I have a patio door that had the little lever break and it would not lock. Stupid me unloosened the screws and when I did, the lock fell inside of the frame. At this point, my #1 goal is to get a replacement lock in there. I don't even care if the old lock stays in the frame. It only makes a slight rattle but I need to lock this door. It appears the distance between holes on the plate is just a shade under 10 inches. The 9 7/8 mortise lock you sell looks like it would fit in place. My question is would I just use that lock and can I still use my handle and the other part it connects to? I am attaching pics of the 3 main parts. I can't send a pic of the lock because it fell obviously.
Thanks
Bill
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bill. Take a look at our 82-106 lever and 82-239 mortise lock. See if these parts match up to the ones you need. Take note of the placement of where the turning lever goes through the hole in the door and into the mortise latch.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)