Lock for Anderson Window sliding glass door

Home Owner from Cheshire CT
May 26, 2015 8:34 am
The lock broke off when I tried to turn it to open the lock. The picture is included Would you please let me know if the one on your web site will fit. It looks to be the same but I'm not sure.
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
6 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 27, 2015 12:57 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Looks like the handle of a lock mechanism. I'm not sure if just this piece by itself is available, but we may be able to replace the mechanism itself. Please show me the part where this broke of and we can work from there!
Quick Learner from Cheshire, CT
May 27, 2015 1:29 pm
You offer a lock mechanism on your website that is almost identical to this one. I did forward you the other pictures but I will do it again. The one on your website that is very similar is Andersen Tribeca Thumb Latch Replacement #82-043
User submitted photo of their door handle.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 28, 2015 10:30 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Aha, I recognize this. Looks like you have an older version of our 82-043. As I suspected, the lever is not available by itself, but I think you should consider replacing the whole lock.
Quick Learner from Cheshire
May 28, 2015 9:26 pm
Could you please give me the item numbers and a quote?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 29, 2015 10:29 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
The item number is 82-043, and all pricing can be found on that part's store page. Click on that link to see it.

Also consider replacing the inside mortise lock. The fact that the lever broke off of your latch is an indication that the inside mortise lock has failed. See 82-037 as a possible replacement. Match your existing one with the product pictures found on the 82-037 product page. Let me know if you need any help.
Quick Learner from Cheshire, CT
May 29, 2015 3:51 pm
Thank you for your help.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts