SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Lock for sliding door...have no idea who manufacture is..purchased and installed by Lowes in 2005

A home owner from North Brunswick, NJ says:
nee lock kit for slider...pics attached
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I would be more than happy to help you find a replacement. Could you tell me what the distance between the screw holes is, center to center?
distance is 3 3/4 inches
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, are you referring to the handle? I'm sorry, I thought you were looking for the mortise lock. In that case, I recommend you consider our 82-069. This looks similar and has a hole spacing of 3-15/16", which is very close to yours. Double check your measurement and see if you could get this to work.
A home owner from NOrth Brunswick NJ says:
Tom - No..it is the lock..not handle..its about 11 inches from top to bottom...is that what you need?
Profile picture of Tom
I specifically need the distance between the installation holes. Make sure to measure from the center of each hole, not from the edges. Let me know!
Tom- there are six holes...you obviously don't mean the top to bottom one..since that is 11 inches...the two inner ones or third and fourth from top in pic.. measure 3 7/16 inches....the two outside or holes 2 and 5 from top are 8 3/4 inches...i believe what you mean by installation holes is holes 3 and 4 correct?
Profile picture of Tom
No, the installation holes are the two screw holes that hold the lock to the door; in other words, the holes you use to install the lock. Those other holes are not used in installation.

In this case, they are the two outer-most holes. When you said that the lock was 11" "top top bottom," I thought you were giving me the height of the entire lock. I apologize for the confusion.

Now that you've specified that the installation holes are 11" center-to-center, we can look into a new lock for you. We don't have anything like that, but I will begin researching it and will let you know when I come up with something. Thank you for your patience.
A home owner from North Brunswick, nj says:
Thanks. Looking forward to it. Want to get 2x4 out
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, thank you again for your patience in this matter. We have found a possible match for this mortise lock and are going to bring it in. I will let you know as soon as it is online and available to purchase.
Profile picture of Tom
Please take a look at new SWISCO product code 82-265, Multi-Point Mortise Lock with Face Plate, and see if this can work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)