SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Lock part for handle on slider

A home owner from Holland, Michigan says:

Any chance you have a replacement lock thingee as shown in attached photo 1352e?

I'm also attaching the handle for the door which has the number 060-1255 stamped on the metal part, along with the name Sash Controls Inc., Ferndale, MI. Handle is 9 inches long. Mounting holes 4 inches apart.

The handle part is OK. I just need the lock part.

Thanks for your help.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
How thick is your door? If it's 1-1/4", you could consider our 82-248, though just by eyeballing your picture your hook looks smaller. If the door is 1" thick like I suspect, then I'm afraid that metal latch piece is not available by itself. Look at our 82-003 and see if this could be a match instead.
A home owner from Holland, Michigan says:
The latch hook has two hooks on it, one for a left-sliding door and one for a right-sliding door.

Fixed my problem by swapping the latch hook from a left-sliding door with one on a right-sliding door. Only one side of the latch hook was damaged, so the other side worked!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)