SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Lock recommendation

A home owner from USA says:
I currently have a failing mortise lock (like http://www.swisco.com/Mortise-Lock/pd/Patio-Glass-Door-Replacement-Internal-Locks/82-226), and am thinking it would be nice to have a lock which I can unlock/lock from outside. Do you have any recommendations?

Steve
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Steve. It depends on what handle set you have. Can I see a few pictures of your inside and outside handle? This will help me determine what key lock you could possibly use.
A quick learner says:
Attached are some images of the handle. Thanks!
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting photos! Take a look at SWISCO product code 82-035, handle set, this may be a good replacement for you, compare the installation hole centers to see.
A quick learner says:
That isn't what I am looking for. I dont want to simply replace what I have. I want to have a lock which I can unlock/lock from outside. Do you have any recommendations?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh, i see. I apologize for the confusion. We do have a keyed option for our 82-035, but it's a bit tricky to install without professional help. You may want to instead consider our 82-031 handle set used with our 82-310 key cylinder. You can just punch out a hole in the 82-031's outside pull to install the 82-310.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)