SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Lock and handle for front door storm door

A home owner from Norfolk.VA says:
Lock still works but handle broken. I have had no success at locating replacement. The metal, hollow core door is 33 mm thick, the lock and handle screws are 45 mm on center and the total outside piece is 20.2 cm long. The top most and bottom most screw are 14 cm on center. I would be most happy if you could find a replacement.. Thanks. Please let me know if I have overlooked a measurement.
User submitted photo of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Looks like the spring in the inside handle is shot. If you replace just this part, the rest of the lock set should work as intended. Now, we don't have this exact style but our 40-150 is very close. Just make sure its dimensions match your own inside handle. You may also need shims, in which case I would recommend our 40-179.
A quick learner from Norfolk VA says:
You are exactly correct about the spring. I think part 40-150 will do the trick. I did order the shim just to be safe. Thanks so much.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)