SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Locking mechanism for 1960s metal/aliminum sliding windows

A home owner from Lincoln, MA says:
We are renovating a contemporary, split-level house from the 1960s that has the original aluminum sliding windows. Each of the windows has two sets of runners with a set of exterior windows (with a screen) and interior windows. The exterior windows lock with the same latches as your 90-147.

I've attached photos of the latch that is supposed to keep the interior windows closed but none of the latches seem to work. I am trying to figure out how to fix or replace them.

One of the photos shows it with a plastic cover that indicates it may have been made by Textron (TM) Metals and the other one shows it with the cover removed. The latch slides up and down and there are two screws that hold a what I assume is a latch spring in place. I can provide measurements when I am back at the house if they are needed. Thanks in advance.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your lock does look like our 90-147, yes. I haven't been able to come across a keeper for this lock, however, because it was mostly used to latch on the handle on the sliding vent. Could you give us some clearer photos of the keeper? Can you also give us detailed dimensions? Thanks!
A home owner from Lincoln, MA says:
I've posted some new photos that I hope will make it easier to see the keeper. It is 3" high, 3/4" wide, and 1/2" deep. The screw openings are 1-7/8" apart. Let me know if you need any further information. Thanks for your assistance.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
This is a very peculiar setup. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how your lock even operates on your window. Take a look at our 90-016 lock, this one locks with a pin. Also take a look at our left and right handed 90-029 and 90-040 locks. Could you get any of these to work?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)