SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Looking for Screen corners

A home owner from Medford, MA says:
I recently bought replacement screen corners from Swisco, however the parts I purchased didn't work. I was wondering if you could help. Attached are 2 pictures of the peices I have and then a picture of what I purchased compared to what I have. Finally I have a picture of what I needed to shave down in order for the peice to fit. The shaving down took a lot of time and I figure buying the peices would be easier.

The peice I did purchase was Straight Cut Corner for 5/16" Overlap Screen Frame
Product Code: 95-221
User submitted photos of a screen corner.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. First, Right off the bat I see that your overlap corner key has the opposite screen groove than ours. So you have two things you have to consider: the size and the screen groove. May I see the cross section of your screen frame with dimensions? That will help us find a good match.
A home owner from Medford says:
Paul,
For some reason my email was removed from the chain. To answer your questions, the corner keys are not opposite, they are interchangeable. I showed both sides so you could see the overlap is the main problem. I have additional pictures which are included. The screen frame length is 7/8"(I started the ruler at 1" to get an accurate reading)
The height is 5/16" - 3/8"
The interior where the groves go is just under a 1/2" long by 1/4" tall,
That would be the size of the grove peice that would go into it. See pictures attached.
Thanks,
Dan
User submitted photos of a screen corner slots.
A home owner from Medford says:
It has been over a week and I haven't received any update?!
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Sorry for the long wait! It has taken a while to research this, but I think we may have found something. It's not exact, but it is similar and we think it may work for you. I will let you know as soon as it is online and available to purchase.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please see new SWISCO product code 95-246, 3/8" Extruded Screen Frame Corner with Flange.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)