Looking for a Replacement

A home owner from San Marcos, CA says:
This screen door handle lost it locking lever before we ever moved into this house. The house itself is circa the 1970's so I did not hope to find a replacement part for it.

After watching your demoo for installing the 83-002 I wondered if you though it might siffice. The attached images will give you a fare idea of the look and dimensions.

One dimention I forgot to include in the images is that the leading edge (where the locking "hook" would have exited the door in order to "latch") has a dimension of roughly a half an inch. It measured 0.566 with a caliper.

Hope you can help or have further suggestions. Thanks. John
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are having a hard time determining what this screen door handle set could be. Our 83-002 looks similar, but I can't tell without seeing more. Could I see a few extra pictures of both the inside and outside pull? Can I also see a clear shot of the inside latch that engages with the keeper? Thanks!
A home owner from San Marcos, CA says:
Hi Tom,

Unfortunately the latch you mention was lost long ago.

I am pretty much convinced that if the door is as old as I think there is no direct replacement available. It is probably a "wait until the screen door itself needs replacing" situation before anything is done. Your efforts to identify the handle and latching system are much appreciated but I feel it is time to let this one sleep for now. Thanks again.

John
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, John, thanks for getting back to us. I hear you. Sometimes that's the best you can do. Still, it may be worth looking through our Screen Door Handle Section and seeing what we have. I can't guarantee anything here will work, but maybe something will ring some bells.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.