SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Looking for a window latch

A home owner from massachusetts says:
I am loooking for a plastic/vinyl window latch that attaches to vinyl windows in a mobile home. This latch simply slides out from the middle of the holder and I am not sure if it is actually a lock or just a guide. I have to replace all the latches in the home due to it being sold and all of them have worn down to wear they break when pulled upon. I have attached a picture of what I am looking for.
User submitted picture of window latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I have a few questions for you. First, what is the distance between the screw hole centers on this latch? Second, does this picture feature a damaged latch? If so, could we see one that's undamaged?
A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Hi Tom, first thank you for replying. The distance betweent the screw holes is 2" on ctr, and the full length is 3 inches. The latch is damaged in that the tab handle has broken.

Typically I would expect to see a second piece on the upper window which the pull latch would slide into and then it would lock, but that was not available on the window I took this from. This piece is what is attached to the top of the lower window and the first picture shows it as it would sit on the window in one piece. The attached pictures show you the latch in multiple pieces with the tab broken off due to age. It pretty much disintegrated at the 90 degree angle when I pulled on it.
A customer submitted image of a window latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Take a look at our 90-046 AMCO Sliding Window Lock. Do you think you could use this? Let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)