Looking for an upper track for a sliding screen door

A quick learner from Williamsburg says:
I am looking for a upper track for a sliding screen door for a patio door. What I am trying to find is a larger width track, around 1" to accommodate a heavier sliding screen door. In the meantime I have purchased your 80-110 5/8" track and have installed a temporary sliding screen. It works well with the cheaper Home Depot door. Hope you can help.

George
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm having a little trouble finding something exactly like what you've described. Could I see a few pictures of your existing track and hardware? That will help us locate a good replacement.
A quick learner from Williamsburg, Virginia says:
My exterior French door doesn't come with a sliding screen but it has a Lowe track and brick mold to accommodate one. What is lacking is an upper track. Both Lowes and Home Depot sell sliding screens. One model is very cheaply made and is about 5/8 inch in width. Another , the "Premium" mod is about 1" thick. I did by the thinner model and used your upper track but I suspect that the screen will not last long. I would like to install the "Premium" door but need an upper track that will handle the 1" thick screen slider. Hope that explains better.

Tx,
George
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You could possibly use the 80-111 as a top. Some companies use it for the top and bottoms, though it depend son how the wheel will roll on it.

You also have to keep in mind that many doors don't even come with the necessary tracks. It may be something you have to go back to the manufacturer for.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.