Looking for awning operator

A home owner from USA says:
These are from windows installed in the late 1950's
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You say your operator is from the 1950's, which means that finding the exact replacement might not be possible. If possible, I would like you to remove it completely from the window so that we can get a good look at it. I would also like to know detailed dimensions. Finally, tell me if you see any markings or stamps on your window or the hardware itself that may give us a clue. Thanks!
A home owner from Roseville, MN says:
Looks like your 39-389 15 inch arm would work

Do I also need 39-286 Handle and 39-154 Operator Cover?

I am adding additional pictures of existing operator/arms
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Thank you for the additional images. The 39-389 is a newer style operator. You might need to retro fit it, but it could work. You will also need to order a new handle like our 39-286, but you will not need a cover for this operator.
A home owner from Kettering, Ohio says:
Hey, great to see these photos. Really helpful. My windows are from the same era. Late 50's to early 60's. Thanks to Dave for the Id.
A handy person from Naperville, Il says:
I have a home built in 1961 with Andersen Flexivent awning windows, which were made from 1952-1979. They are the exact ones pictured above. The 39-389 operator is a near-perfect replacement! The only modifications needed are

1) there is a single screw hole on the opposite end of the crank on the 39-389 that protrudes below the base of the unit by a 1/2" or so. You will need to chisel out a small section of your window opening to accommodate that protrusion so that the new operator will lay flat.

2) The second row of screws (the ones covered by the sill cover) are spaced a little farther apart than the originals, so you will have 2 new screw holes. The best part is the new slider shoes clip right onto the old two-piece rods, which are attached to the window.

Very happy! Thank you Swisco!
Thank you for the detailed description. We are happy to help!
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.