Looking for coil window shoe to replace.

A quick learner says:
my window doesn't stay up. it has coil balance shoe. The spring has broken. I would like to replace the broken shoe. However I can't remove the sash from window frame by tilt the sash 90 degree. the shoe has no open top. How can I replace the broken show?

Thanks
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Looks like you're using our 15-087 pivot shoe and Series 180 coil spring. See how well these parts match yours.

As for removing it from the window, watch the videos below. These detail exactly how we remove a sash, pivot shoe, and coil spring. Some of the hardware shown here is different than yours, but the principles are more or less the same.

We also have a diagram that shows how your specific balance assembly should go in the window.

Series 180 coil balance diagram
Series 180 coil balance diagram

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.